I’m an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with 5 years experience as a full-stack developer. I have excellent team-working, problem solving and communication skills, therefore I’m equally happy working in a group situation or using my own initiative. I'm experienced with web based applications, but I also enjoy new and challenging subjects.
Lead Developer - (Jul 2014 - Present). Hugo Corp. - Personal research assisant.
- Architected and implemented a scalable data collection pipeline that collects 50k+ articles per day.
- Managed implementation of research assistant iOS app from inception to production release, incorporating a crowd-sourced backend for content fulfilment.
- Had pivotal impact determining company culture, recruitment practices and operating procedures.
Team Lead - (Apr 2013 - May 2014). Alliance Media - Digital Cinema.
- Sourced and trained 12 graduate developers.
- Lead a performance review of our flagship product that resulted in a ~40% reduction in system memory usage.
- Designed and implemented major system components on new software products worth ~£8m in recurring revenue.
Developer - (Jun 2011 - Apr 2013). Arts Alliance Media - Digital Cinema.
- Refactored the financial reconciliation engine that matched cinema content bookings to playback data to validate asset payment contracts.
- Wrote fulltext search, mass edit and automatic encryption key regeneration modules.
- Designed and implemented the initial system design for an advertising campaign creation and delivery service targeted towards to the cinema industry.
Junior Developer (Intern) - (Jun 2009 - Jun 2010). Credit Suisse - Private Banking.
- Refactored critical trade reconciliation, CRM and regulatory workflow batch processes., Helped to design the unified the approach taken for batch processing.
Web Designer - (Jul 2007 - Sep 2007). Zoomf.com - Property Search.
Independent Web Programmer - (2004 - 2007). Various clients.
BSc(Hons) Computer Science, 1st. Nottingham Trent University 2007-2011.
Thesis: A revised implementation of travel search using the Giant Global Graph.
A-Levels: Computer Science, Physics, Maths (AS) and Photography (AS).
I'm largely self taught with a view towards working on scalable web services.
I play 5-a-side football several times a week, I've also skied all my life and enjoy swimming and running whenever I get the time. I'm also actively involved in community open source meetups, most notably the Sydney Python group where I've spoken recently.
Feel free to contact me via any of the services below, I look forward to hearing from you.